For CFS & GMP applications, you can create, store and manage your products.
- Select "Product Manager" from the left-hand navigation bar. This option is only available AFTER you have created a company profile.
- If you have not yet created a CFS or GMP Application, your Product Table may be blank and read "No data available in table".
- If you have already created a CFS or GMP Application, your Product Table will be populated with the products you created for your application. These are stored automatically unless you choose to remove them later.
Manual Product Set-Up
- Click on the button that says "Add Product" in the top right-hand corner of the page. This will open a new form.
- Enter the name of your product in the first field. This is the only information that is required for a product to exist in the platform and the only information that will appear on your certificate.
- You may additionally add extra information such as manufacturer, SKU Code or HS Code. These will not appear in your certificate but can be used for your organization and product look-up.
- When completed, press the "Save" button on the bottom. To cancel, you can close the form by clicking the "X" in the top right-hand corner of the form.
- Your product has now been added to the Product Table. You may add as many products as you like.
Changing Existing Products
- You can make changes to a Product at any time by selecting it in the Product Table. By clicking on a product, it's row will expand to display any additional data that it contains, and give you the options to Edit, Delete or Close (collapse) the product.
- To make changes to a Product, and click edit. This will re-open the Product form. Make the desired changes and click the "Save" button.
- If you wish to discard the changes, just click the "X" in the top-right corner.
Creating Products by Uploading a CSV
- If you have a large number of products to be added, we recommend uploading an existing product list. This can be done by uploading a CSV file of your products.
- Click the "Upload CSV" button in the top right-hand corner of the product manager. This will open the upload window.
- Select "Click here to select a CSV file to import from" and select your product list file from your computer. If you do not have one, select "Download CSV Template" and add your information.
- The window should display the contents of the CSV file in the upload window. Here you must tell the system some information about the data.
- By default, all entries in the list are selected for import. If your list has headers, deselect the first row by un-checking the checkbox on the left side of the row. It will appear red and crossed out when deselected.
- You may deselect as many rows as you need and they will not be uploaded to the product manager.
- Before you can proceed, you must tell the system which column contains the product name data. There is a dropdown menu on top of each column. You must select "Product Name" for the column containing the product name data. You may optionally identify which columns contain other types of data as well, but it is not required.
- You must identify at least one column with the product name data. When you have made this selection, a third button will appear at the bottom of the upload window that reads "Import Selected Data". This will take you to the data preview.
- Here you can review that the imported data is correct. If it is incorrect, select "Start Over" or "Cancel" to leave the upload window entirely.
- If everything is correct, select "Add # product(s) to my Product Manager"
- Your product table has now been updated with the contents of your CSV product list.
- You may edit or delete these entries at any time.
What is a CSV and how do I create one for my products?
- "A comma-separated values file is a delimited text file that uses a comma to separate values. A CSV file stores tabular data in plain text. Each line of the file is a data record. Each record consists of one or more fields, separated by commas." - Wikipedia
- In order for the platform to be able to read your product list, your file must be in CSV format. It cannot read an Excel Spreadsheet or other formats as they can contain additional data or multiple sheets that the system cannot read.
- A CSV can be created in Excel or any other spreadsheet software. If you're not sure how to start, you can download a template from the platform, or by clicking here.
- Open the template and type or copy and paste your product list into the products column.
- You may add additional columns containing extra info like the Manufacturer, SKU Code and/or HS Code, but it is not required. This data is only used for your organization or product look-up.
- When your file is complete, save your file to your computer, making sure to select "CSV" or "Comma-Delimited" from the file type dropdown menu.