Applying for a COO
The Certificate of Origin Application Wizard is only available with some Chamber of Commerces
Let's Get Started
- To access the application list page, select "Applications" from the left side navigation menu.
- To start a new certificate application, click on the "+ New Certificate" button and select "Certificate of Origin" from the drop-down menu to begin the Certificate Wizard.
- To add a consignee entry, click the "+ New" button in the consignee section. Complete the small form and when complete, press the "Save" button. This information will appear on your certificate.
- Once the consignee entry has been created you may select it from the drop-down box in the consignee section. Once selected, the information will appear on the screen. Consignee entries are stored in the system for future reuse.
- To change a consignee entry, select the entry drop-down menu and click on the blue button with a pen icon to the right of the information. This will re-open the consignee form and you may make the desired changes. When complete, click the "Save" button.
- The buyer section behaves the same as the consignee section, but is optional and should only be used if the buyer is different than the consignee.
- In the transportation section, select the transportation type from the drop-down menu.
- Select the destination country from the drop-down menu. You can start typing the country name to search within the list.
- Type the name of the port of loading and destination port in the provided fields. If you are unsure of the port, you can click the link the blue box to search for a port name (this will open a third-party website in a new window). If you do not know the exact port, you may enter the name of the city.
- When all sections are complete, click the "Next" button to continue.
- This contains several optional details. These details are not required to obtain a Certificate of Origin but may be required for successful import depending on the destination country. If you are unsure of the regulations, contact an FTGS Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the "Next" button to continue.
- In the Shipment Information section, you must complete one "Line Item" section for each item or product you are exporting. Enter a detailed description of the goods in the first section. The text box will expand if it exceeds the original size on the screen.
- Click on the Country(ies) of Origin field. It will open a new window where you may select as many countries as required from the list. Click the checkbox beside the countries name to make a selection. When you are complete, click the "Done" button and the window will close and the form will be updated with your selection.
- Enter the gross weight of the line item. You must specify the unit type (ie: lbs, kgs etc).
- Optionally you may enter the HS Code (Harmonized System Tariff), marks and numbers and net weight. These details are not required to obtain a Certificate of Origin but may be required for successful import depending on the destination country. If you are unsure of the regulations, contact an FTGS Specialist at email@example.com.
- You may add as many Line Items to your application as necessary. To add another blank Line Item section, click the "+ Add Line Item" button.
- Alternatively, you can create a copy of an already completed "Line Item" by clicking the grey button in the top right corner of the section with the icon.
- To delete a line item section click on the grey button in the top right corner of the section with the icon.
- When your information is complete, click the "Next" button.
- You are required to upload a PDF copy of the applicable commercial sales invoice and packing list. To upload your files, click on the grey box to the right of the label. This will open a window where you can select the location of your files on your computer. Press open to continue.
- You have the option to upload additional documents if required to do so. Depending on your Chamber of Commerce, an additional charge may apply per additional document.
- When your documents have been uploaded, click the "Next" button to continue.
- View a summary of the information that you have entered. If any information is missing, a message will appear in a red box. To navigate back to any of the previous sections, you can click on the edit button to the right of the section title or click any of the tabs along the top of the form.
- When all the required information is provided you may click the "Preview" button to see a preview version of your final certificate.
- When you are sure that all of the information provided is correct and complete, click the "Pay & Submit" button to send your application to the Chamber of Commerce for review.
- If you do not wish to submit your application at this time, you may press the "Save" button and the application will be saved in your application list as a draft for editing, but will not be submitted to the chamber of commerce.
- Your credit card will not be billed until the application is approved.
- You will be directed back to the application list page where you can view a list of all active applications and drafts. Submitted applications will change to "Pending" status. While pending, you may recall the application or create a copy.
- You will be notified via email when the status of your application has changed. You may monitor its status in the application list as well. Upon approval or decline, the status icon will change accordingly.