Applying for (CFS / GMP)
Certificate of Free Sale and Good Manufacturing Practices Certificate are obtained using the same certification wizard.
Let's Get Started!
- To access the application list page, select "Applications" from the left side navigation menu.
- To start a new certificate application, click on the "+ New Certificate" button and select "CFS / GMP" from the drop-down menu to begin the Certificate Wizard.
- Select the destination country from the drop-down menu. When the list is expanded, you may start typing to search within the list.
- Select which certificate types you wish to apply for. You may select one or both.
- When you've selected both the destination and certificate type, the "Next" button and arrow button will appear. You must make a selection to proceed with the application form.
Adding and Including Products
- You must add your products to your certificate application. If you have not used the platform before you will have a blank product chart and will have to create them.
- To add a new product, click on the "+ Add Product" button. It will open a new window with a small form. Type the product name in the first field and press save.
- You may add additional information such as manufacturer, SKU Code and HS code. This information will not appear on your certificate but can be useful in organizing your products if you have a large product list.
- All products that you add while using the CFS/GMP wizard will be saved and stored in the Product Manager for your company, which is accessible by clicking on "Products" in the left navigation bar. You can manage, edit or delete these items at any time.
- Once you have created your products in the product window, you must select the checkbox to the left of the product to include it in your certificate.
- When you have selected all of the products you wish to be included in your certificate, click the "Next" button or the arrow button.
CFS / GMP Specific Options
- Depending on your initial selection, you will arrive at CFS Tab, GMP Tab or gain access to both.
- Select how many copies of your the certificate you will require. Each certificate is charged separately and have a unique ID and may not be duplicated.
- Depending on your Chamber of Commerce, you may have access to an option of Certificate Language and obtain a bilingual certificate.
- (CFS Only) Select whether or not your company is the manufacturer of the products included in your certificate application. This selection will change the wording of your final CFS.
Legalization / Apostille
- Depending on your destination country, you may have an option to include Legalization/Apostille service. By selecting this option, your certificate will be mailed to an FTGS Specialist for processing. You will be charged an additional fee for this service.
- If you select for Legalization / Apostille service you may additionally opt to have your completed documents scanned and emailed to you for an additional fee.
- Optionally, you may request an addendum on your certificate(s). This is not recommended and may result in your application being rejected. Only use this option if necessary.
- When complete, click the "Next" button or the arrow button.
- Depending on your previous selection, you will be asked to upload PDF copies of various licenses for validation. To upload your PDF documents, click on the gray button and select the file from your computer, then click open. When you have uploaded the required documents, click "Next" or the arrow button to continue.
- Depending on your previous selections, you will receive various options to obtain your certificate(s).
- If you have opted for legalization/apostille service, your documents must be mailed to you as they are sent to an FTGS Specialist after they are approved by the Chamber of Commerce. You may choose Standard USPS Mailing or USPS Priority mail which includes tracking and proof-of-delivery (an additional fee is applied) for addresses within the USA.
- If this is your first time using the wizard, you will not have any addresses stored and must add a new mailing address.
- To add a new mailing address, click on the "+ New" button to the right of the field reading "Select an address". This will bring up a small form.
- Complete the form and press the "Submit" button. Your mailing address has now been added and will be saved to your company profile for future use.
- To manage, edit or delete mailing addresses, you may access them by clicking "Mailing Addresses" in the left navigation bar.
- Within your application, select your newly created mailing address from the drop-down menu.
- If you wish your certificate(s) to be mailed to an address outside of the USA, you may upload a pre-paid FedEx or UPS shipping label.
Pickup from Chamber of Commerce
- If you have NOT opted for legalization/apostille service, you may choose to pick up your certificate(s) from the Chamber of Commerce.
- View a summary of the information that you have entered. If any information is missing, a message will appear in a red box. To navigate back to any of the previous sections, you can click on the edit button to the right of the section title or click any of the tabs along the top of the form.
- When all the required information is provided you may click the "Preview" button to see a preview version of your final certificate.
- When you are sure that all of the information provided is correct and complete, click the "Pay & Submit" button to send your application to the Chamber of Commerce for review.
- If you do not wish to submit your application at this time, you may press the "Save" button and the application will be saved in your application list as a draft for editing, but will not be submitted to the chamber of commerce.
- Your credit card will not be billed until the application is approved.
- You will be directed back to the application list page where you can view a list of all active applications and drafts. Submitted applications will change to "Pending" status. While pending, you may recall the application or create a copy.
- You will be notified via email when the status of your application has changed. You may monitor its status in the application list as well. Upon approval or decline, the status icon will change accordingly.